When the weather is sunny, you may want to go outside and start a new exercise regime because you can train outside. New studies have proven that going outside your home to train is worth it as the benefits that you can get far exceeds the most of the benefits that you can get from the gym. Aside from that, going outside to exercise is much more fun. Here are some benefits of outdoor fitness training…
The benefits of exercising outside your home far exceeds the benefits that you can get from the gym
- Get a dose of Vitamin D – Vitamin D is one of the most important vitamins that you need to improve your health. And nothing beats being exposed to the sun in the morning when it comes to getting vitamin D. This vitamin regulates the immune system and the neuromuscular system; it also has a huge function in the production of human cells.
- Breathing in the fresh air – Another reason for exercising outdoors is because of the fresh air that you can breathe. Breathing in some fresh air helps in building your stamina. Fresh air will also reduce that lactic acid build-up in the muscles that may lead to cramps.
- Boost your serotonin – some new studies have suggested that exercising outside also increases the production of serotonin. Serotonin has a huge role in the regulation of learning, moods and sleep. More serotonin means better mood.
- Variety burns more calories – The body can easily adjust to the intensity level needed for treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike since it is always exposed to it, but the new environment that exercising outside can give more challenges to the body since it is something new. The weather condition also adds up to the intensity level needed to train outside.
- Keep up your motivation – Going to the gym over and over are getting boring at times. Sometimes a change in the environment is what you need to get the motivation you need. When you go outside the sceneries are new and is interesting since there are so many things to be seen outside.
- You’ll be a happier person – Exercising is a great way to release the feel good hormone known as endorphin, so the more you exercise the more confident you become. However, having the same exercise over and over become boring at time and going outside to exercise can make things more exciting for you.